Tiara Day Writing Contest: RULES
- The contest will be open from midnight tonight (when it hits Friday, August 28, MST) to midnight the next day (when it hits Saturday, August 29, MST). All of Tiara Day.
- The prompt will be posted at midnight--it'll be a contest to write a 50-word complete story including certain words.
- All entries will be posted in the comments to the prompt. Emails must be included too, so I can reach you if you win!
- The contest entries will be judged by a distinguished and very sparkly volunteer panel, all of whom are barred from entering, much as they might want the prizes. :)
- Winners will be announced next week. We'll be looking for best story and most original twist!
There will be two grand prizes, donated by Janet Reid and Suzie Townsend, both of FinePrint Literary (thank you thank you thank you!)
- A critique of the first 50 pages of your manuscript by Suzie Townsend, assistant/junior agent at FinePrint Lit. Suzie is fabulous--read an interview with her at The Blog Realm.
- A one-year subscription to Poets and Writers magazine.
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander
A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell
Now you HAVE to enter. Right? And wear your tiaras?
Look for the prompt at midnight!
(I can't wait. This is SO fun)