Thursday, May 06, 2010

On Winning Books & Bidding on Books

Wow, this morning is cool so far!

It didn't start out so well--I didn't sleep great, and I was feeling like a cranky sourpuss. Didn't want to get up, didn't want to take the car to the shop (well, I got that wish, but that just means we'll have to do it later), didn't want to deal with the cold and snow we've got going on today.

But then I checked http://thediviningwand.com, because I'd entered a contest a couple days ago and I knew the results would be up today. And I had a good feeling about it.

And I won!! The whole series so far of Lauren Baratz-Logsted's THE SISTERS EIGHT, an MG series Child and I started together that she loves. I'd made a mistake and bought the wrong one to read next, so she has 3 sitting there staring at her but she hasn't read 2, and it was driving her crazy. She was thrilled this morning, chattering up a storm speculating on the books and the characters, and what the last 3 books will be called.

THANK YOU for brightening my day, divining wand!

When I got to work I discovered the second cool thing, that the auction to help Tennessee flood victims had started! You guys, this is going to be AMAZING. Check out all the awesome stuff up so far here:

http://dothewritethingfornashville.blogspot.com/

I've donated a 25-page critique of your mss (or essay, or short story, or whatever) too--I think it'll be up for bid over the weekend.

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to give away a book or two of my own. Gotta share the love.

Now go bid!!

2 comments:

Linda G. said...

Hooray for your win! And I'm having fun with our bidding war at the Do the Write Thing for Nashville site. :)

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats! It's always fun winning stuff. I think the Nashville auction is great!