Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Self-Improvement

I've been doing a lot of exploring lately, forging a new path for myself. Why not? If you stay on the same path your whole life, you stop paying attention to your surroundings. Sometimes you need to shake things up and consider new options, reimagine yourself in a different way.

I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about something I discovered, in case you haven't run across it already: iTunes University.

You guys! There are hundreds of high-level lectures, on about everything you can imagine: business, engineering, math, leadership, languages, science, philosophy, history...for FREE! Anytime you want!

I've been listening to lectures and seminars on politics, international relations, and ethics so far, but I plan to keep going. Between that and TED I have plenty of fascinating things to ponder while I'm tweaking images in Photoshop or doing layout.

And for those writers among you, there might even be something useful in there for research.

This message has been brought to you by an absolute nerd, and proud of it. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This sounds totally up my alley, I am an avid (read: addicte) learner. If I could spend my entire life in school learning cool things.. I WOULD!

Going to check it out!

And good luck with your soul searching!

Linda G. said...

Nerds rule! And rock! In fact, nerds rock & rule! :)

Susan Adrian said...

Lisa: Yay--that's exactly what I hoped when I posted it. I hope you enjoy!

Linda: Absolutely. *fist-bap*