Monday, October 10, 2011

The Unexpected

Happy Monday, y'all.

Good news today: I'm in the middle of the 4th round of revisions on Happy Sauce, and I still love this book with an unholy passion.

Bad news: ...Yeah, I don't really have any bad news.

Child is back safely from her 3-day school campout (they always make me so nervous)--and even though they got rained out at the end, she had a good time. I have new, sexy ankle boots. I have coffee and chocolate. The sun is out, after a week of rain.

All in all, pretty fabulous.

Also, I wanted to tell you guys about this amazing show husband and I saw last week. It was an acrobatics performance, kind of like Cirque de Soleil except based in the old west. It's called Boomtown.

http://www.birdhousefactoryshow.com/BoomTown/index.htm

There were lots of flips and amazing balancing feats:




I actually gasped more than once. But my favorite part--the part that made my husband and I both laugh so very hard it HURT--was when they brought an audience member up on stage to interact with the clown, and he totally flubbed it. More than once, in a hilarious way. It really made the evening.

So there are two morals, one for writing and one not.

One: Go see BOOMTOWN if you get the chance.

Two: Embrace your mistakes. Embrace the unexpected. Sometimes what you think is a disaster--just when you're panicking that you've totally messed things up--it turns out to be the best thing you could've done. It twists into the highlight of the show, or the book.



3 comments:

Linda G. said...

BOOMTOWN looks like fun. If it's ever in my area, I'll try to see it.

Also, a big Happy Sauce HOORAY! :D

Crystal Posey said...

Love those photos! I would love to see a show like that. And I love reading how passionate you are about your writing!

Susan Adrian said...

Linder: yes, do see it if you can! I think you'd like it.

Crystal: Thanks. It's the passion that makes this job fun. And bearable. And fun.