I need my city visits. A week of indulgence, hotels, playing, and enjoying each other in new surroundings. Over our vacation I or we did all of the below (not in order):
- Hung out with the lovely and talented Emily Hainsworth and her husband. We've been Twitter buds for a while, but this was our first real-person meeting. She is FABULOUS.
- Cheered on our Padres at a Pads/Rockies game (sorry, Emily!)
- Played frisbee at a local park, let Child crawl all over the new and different play equipment.
- Hubby introduced Child & me to Dave & Busters. WAY too much fun. Addictive. And we came home with all sorts of interesting "prizes"!
- Explored the Museum of Science & Nature (SO cool!)
- Spent a whole day at the Denver Zoo.
- Dashed through the rain...um, everywhere.
- Checked out the Butterfly Pavilion. Child & I got to be right there while they released all the butterflies that had hatched that day.
- Spent another whole day at Elitch Gardens, a fantabulous amusement park and waterpark. Though the amusement park bit turned out much better than the waterpark. Brrrr.
- Child won a blue-striped gecko she'd coveted all day by making the booth guy NOT guess her birth month correctly.
- Bought EVERMORE at the Tattered Cover.
- Went to the Denver Art Museum on free Saturday, and ended up only going to the part we actually paid for, the Psychedelic Posters exhibit. Because it was that cool. And because Child got very intent on doing the light show (colored oil and water projected on a screen) and making a 60s-style poster.
- Saw a B-17. Not only SAW...hubby went for a ride in it!
- Had a great time at the Wings over the Rockies museum.
- Bought clothes. Bought games. Bought doll and doll clothes. Bought books. Bought fishing stuff at Bass Pro Shops. Narrowly avoided having to buy another suitcase. :)
(also, finished my revisions and sent them off today! Wahoo!)