Tuesday, September 18, 2007

my mind is on vacation at least

Hey, y'all!

Since Jenna's out to readers, I'm taking a little vacation (well, if you can call doing classwork and presentations and real work and going to a curriculum meeting at the preschool tonight a vacation...ya know. I was going to work on my synopsis today, but I went out to lunch instead. That's vacation.).

I also took time over the weekend to read Scott Westerfield's UGLIES, and I highly recommend it. It's a wee bit heavy on the message in a few places, but that's far overwhelmed by the strength of the story and the characters, and the originality of the concept. I'll be reading the sequels.

RE the Jenna-out-to-readers thing, I must admit that I've had a few twinges over the past couple of days just thinking how odd it is that my characters and world are now also living in the minds of other people. Five other people max, but it's a start, right? It's a strange thing. These characters--people--were created in my brain, and now I can have actual discussions with others about Jenna and Joe and Dr. Ramsay. WEIRD. Think how Vicki and karen and all the rest of you published folks must feel on a daily basis. :)

Whadjya eat? Yesterday: pita pizzas, with salad. Child gets to make her own, which is fun. Sunday I did a real-cooking thing and made Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken, and again it rocked. If you like to cook at all, try that recipe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy said...

That chicken looks yummy.

You know, I've never finished a WIP. Sad, hunh? I've shared chapters here and there for comment, and I like that feeling, but it can't compare to having something finished, born, and sent Out There.

Good luck!

Susan Adrian said...

Cindy:

I remember the feeling from TMT, but it wasn't quite the same--I'd been sharing all along. This one NOBODY saw until it was all done, and they saw it all in one swoop. Quite different. :)

Cindy said...

Any feedback yet?

Susan Adrian said...

Cindy:

Yep, some excellent feedback. Yay for beta-readers. :) A couple-few copies are still out there, and I'm waiting for that feedback before I make changes.

Well, I made one duh-change {g}, but other than that I'm waiting.