We've been away on vacation. We left for San Diego the day after Christmas, and just sailed (okay, flew) back into town late Saturday night. Vacation was lovely, as usual, and a nice break from the cold. While there we:
- went to a very crowded Legoland for 8+ hours (craziness!)
- went to the beach twice. Pure relaxation and playing in the sand and waves. I adore the beach.
- saw a live production of Xanadu. Yes, with rollerskates and all. The audience sang along and waved light sticks. It rocked!
- saw a live 40s radio-show version of It's a Wonderful Life.
- went to Copley Symphony Hall downtown on New Year's Day to see a Celebration of Vienna (apparently a New Year's tradition across North America)
- spent time at Balboa Park: the Science Museum, the Photography Museum, Train Museum, and the playground.
- Played with new Christmas toys and games, and got a couple more.
- ate out a lot. Unfortunately this was not a highlight for me this time because...
Now I'm back at work, trying to remember what it is I do on a regular basis, and catching up with folks. Next is to remember what I have to do with my thesis (it's crunch time!) and my book.
That's right! I was writing a book, once upon a time before finals and Christmas and vacation. Must get back to that...
Good to see you again, online peeps!