Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Candied Pecans!

I'm posting this because I somehow lose the recipe every year and must find it again, and this will be easier to locate. And I'm making them tonight, to bring to Thanksgiving tomorrow!

These pecans are *scrumptious*. The only problem with them is it's very, very difficult to eat just one or two.

Holiday Candied Pecans

2 cups whole pecans
2/3 cup maple syrup (real, not imitation)
Brown sugar, white sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the maple syrup and pecans into a bowl, and stir to thoroughly coat pecans.

Spread pecans in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan (with sides) and sprinkle with brown sugar and white sugar. For a little kick, add a dash or two of Cajun spice (optional). Bake in middle of oven 15 minutes, then stir and bake 5 minutes more.

Transfer to wax paper or foil, separating as best you can. Let cool.

Eat all the sugar/maple residue yourself. Enjoy.

9 comments:

Annika said...

Oh, I am SO making these. If I have pecans. (Who am I kidding? I can go to the pecan store if I must.)

Word verification is cakessi. Cake!

Susan Adrian said...

Annika:
Let me know how you like! Everybody in my family loves these.

Linda G. said...

YUM! That sounds so easy I bet even I could do it!

Tara McClendon said...

Yum. These do sound hard to resist. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

I am also *so* making these. might try with almonds. thanks!

Annika said...

I am back to report that these were a huge success and I am likely buying more pecans tomorrow. I made them with a dash of cayenne which was delicious.

Deb said...

I used to make these and toss them in a salad with goat cheese and cranberries -- yum.

They are the perfect snack for second draft writing :) Congrats on finishing your first draft!

Susan Adrian said...

Annika, thanks for letting me know you tried and liked them! Did anyone else try the recipe? I happen to have a few leftover ones sitting right here...

Deb: Haven't finished the first draft YET. Dec 31!! But thanks! :)

Cindy said...

Suze:
I have a Costco-sized bag of pecans I bought for reasons unknown (at the time.) NOW I know why I bought them. Thank you!