Thursday, May 11, 2006

Calling down a curse

Apparently I called some nastiness down on myself yesterday with that fever crack. By the time I got home from work I had a fever of over 101. Chills, pounding headache, aching bones, heat radiating from my head...once hubby got home I actually abdicated all responsibility and lay down for an hour, until the fever went down enough that I could function. Yuck.

This morning I awoke to no fever, but a good ol' regular cold. Better, anyway.

In early fever stages yesterday I did get some work done on TMT, and am now 70% done. This stage is funny, though, because I'm really not changing much at all. I liked these parts before, everyone else liked these parts before, and other than tweaking here and there and maybe adding a sentence or two, and checking for consistency, I'm mostly just reading. It makes me feel kinda like I'm cheating, and I should be doing more. {shrug} Ah well, I'll run it by a couple new readers when I'm done and see if my instincts were right!

Medieval Word of the Day: (because I have no scruples) cullion: A testicle. Def 2: As a term of contempt: A base, despicable, or vile fellow; a rascal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ug! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Spring colds are awful. Can I send you some virtual chicken soup?

Kathy

Susan Adrian said...

Kathy:

Sure! Though I'm much better today. Am now intensely craving french fries. :)

S.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Oh, and can I be one of those new readers - pretty please?!?!?!

Julie

Susan Adrian said...

Julie:

Sure! I think you're already on the list. {s}

Susan