Thursday, June 22, 2006

More Blogginess

Thanks for the feedback yesterday! Next step is to finish polishing these and then try the 1-pager. With actual plot and resolution.

I was trying to explain to someone the other day why I like reading blogs. This person was very dismissive of blogs: "They're like graffiti on the bathroom wall," he said. "Why would you want to read someone else's ramblings?"

Why indeed? Well, I've discussed this some before. (Blog Freak) It gives me a sense of connection to others like myself. But other than that it gives me information about writing and the industry that I would otherwise have to try to find in some print form. I can learn about the newest, freshest topics in the industry and how people are reacting to them real-time. I can get a sense of how other writers work, and how they handle the challenges we all face.

And besides, at least on writers' blogs (and agents and editors too), entries are hardly EVER ramblings. They're often well-thought-out, well-crafted, and fun to read.

Oh yeah, fun. That's the real reason. They're FUN to read. (And occasionally I get great recipes.)

Medieval Word of the Day: par charite: By or for Christian love, out of charity. Chiefly in adjurations.

No comments: