Friday, December 28, 2007

A few recs

Goal: 22,000 by end of today. It's a stretch, but I can do it.

I've seen a couple of wonderful indie movies lately that I have to recommend. Last night's was a total surprise--we ran across it idly on the rack, and brought it home based solely on Alan Rickman's participation. Loved it. Trust the Rickman.

1. CHALK. A mockumentary following several teachers in their first years on the job. HIGHLY recommended for anyone who's ever taught. Or, you know, gone to school. I giggled.

2. SNOW CAKE. Don't read about this movie...you don't want to ruin any surprises for yourself. Just rent it and watch it blind. Good, insightful flick.

We've been on a movie kick. We've also seen The Nanny Diaries, We Are Marshall, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, and many others I can't even think of right now. I lurve movies.

One more rec, for those of the book persuasion: I got GODS BEHAVING BADLY for Christmas. I haven't had much time to get very far yet, but I love it. One of the most original things I've seen in a while...and reminiscent of Douglas Adams. (high praise!)

Off to work!

No comments: