Wednesday, October 18, 2006

And away I go...

Last day before Surrey!!

I made the mistake last night of taking nighttime cold medicine, in the vain hope that it would knock the cough out and let me sleep. No. It did stop the cough-tickle, but unfortunately I also have this thing with pseudophedrine...it keeps my brain not only awake but hyperactive, with these horrible anxiety-ridden repeating thoughts. {sigh} Got about an hour of sleep.

Off to the store today to get real cough suppressant medicine that will work.

Today I have to finish nitpicky last-minute Surrey prep, mostly printing out various copies of different pieces to workshop. Yes, we do actual work there!! Socializing too, but lots of running around and thinking about/working on our projects. I'm planning to go to sessions with Bernard Cornwell, Jenny Crusie, Diana Gabaldon/Anne Perry/Jack Whyte, and an agent session with Nadia Cornier, Daniel Lazar, Rachel Vater, and Jack Whyte. Yay! Okay, now I'm getting excited.

See you all when I get back!

Medieval Word of the Day: kith: Knowledge, acquaintance with something; knowledge communicated, information.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Dear Susan:
I know you probably won't see this until later, but I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Anonymous said...

Feel better, and have FUN at Surrey!!